Welcome to the Clinical and Translational Science Center
The CTSC serves as a catalyst to support biomedical research projects by providing services and resources to investigators, staff, scholars and trainees, and community partners. As an honest and resourceful broker, the CTSC partners with UC Davis schools and colleges engaged in life science and translational research to support collaborative projects with the potential to improve health care. The CTSC provides centralized resources dedicated to facilitating biomedical research through innovation, collaboration, and expertise. As an extension of our national consortium, the CTSC is charged with advancing human health through:
- Training and cultivating the translational science workforce
- Engaging patients and communities in every phase of the translational process
- Promoting the integration of special and underserved populations in translational research across the human lifespan
- Innovating processes to increase the quality and efficiency of translational research, particularly of multisite trials
- Advancing the use of cutting-edge informatics
Through its various programs and resources, the UC Davis CTSC provides the essential infrastructure for building research teams of the future to improve human health.
UC Davis CTSC Awarded 5-year Grant Renewal From NIH
On June 17, 2021, the UC Davis Clinical Translational Science Center (CTSC) received notice of its third National Institutes of Health (NIH) award renewal, a vote of confidence in the center’s ability to advance outstanding research in human health.
The 5-year award, almost $33 million, comes from NIH’s National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS). It provides critical funding to CTSC to continue its essential services for the UC Davis research community.